A sump pump is an essential part of any home’s plumbing system. From sump pump installation to maintaining the system, you need a reliable plumbing team on your side. At Anytime Plumbing & Solutions, we can help ensure your sump pump functions as needed and give you a few maintenance tips.
- Regularly test the pump: To check that your sump pump is working correctly, pour water into the sump basin until the pump turns on and pumps the water out.
- Replace worn parts: If parts of the sump pump are worn or broken, such as the float switch or check valve, they should be changed as soon as possible. At times, it might be necessary for a new pump. Our team can help with the sump pump installation when this occurs.
- Clean the sump basin: Debris can accumulate in the sump basin over time, affecting the pump’s capacity to perform. Cleaning the basin should occur at least once a year.
- Inspect the discharge line: The pump cannot remove water from the basement if the line becomes clogged. Look for any obstructions or leaks in the discharge line. If you find an issue, give our team a call.
- Examine the float switch: The float switch turns the sump pump on and off. It’s important to ensure that it is not trapped or obstructed.
Following these guidelines can help you maintain your sump pump. Additionally, regular maintenance by our reliable team can help increase your pump’s life and lessen the likelihood of failure. Call us today if you have concerns or need sump pump installation.