Do you live in a home with frequent plumbing issues? We often forget about the piping in our home until there’s a problem. It’s best to keep a watchful eye out in order to avoid big plumbing catastrophes. Here are some signs you may need repiping:
1. Leaking pipes – There’s a difference if you have just one area that is leaking or leaks in several places. If you have multiple leaks, you likely need repiping.
2. Strange smelling water or corrosion on pipes – If there’s a strange smell in your water or you can see corrosion on the pipes, that is a clear sign that your pipes are deteriorating and need to be replaced soon.
3. Discoloured water – A red tint in your water is another sign that your pipes are rusting away or deteriorating.
4. Problems with water pressure and temperature – If the temperature or water pressure seem difficult to control or won’t stay consistent, it could be a problem with your pipes.
5. Strange sounds – The noise of your pipes shouldn’t typically be something you notice above the usual sounds of your home. If you’re hearing any banging or creaking sounds, you’ll want to get your pipes checked to make sure they’re functioning as they should.
If you suspect that there is a problem with your pipes, give us a call at Anytime Plumbing & Solutions right away. The sooner you act, the sooner we can come and resolve the issue and minimize the damage it could cause. We will inspect your situation thoroughly and then make a recommendation based on what would be best for your home. We understand the plumbing problems can be stressful and are often not a planned expense, but proper maintenance will save you in the long run.